Where do I begin!? I have been MIA since February! How insane!? I will be doing a sweet cup of Ambar sometime this week promise! I have SO much to tell you guys and it would be too much to talk about on this post. This RECIPE though!? In the Dominican Republic, there is a burger called Chimichurri Burger AKA Chimi. It’s our street food! There are many restaurants and food trucks that sell it here in the US. Oh! And they are usually found outside of clubs. Why you may ask? So that all of the people who are probably intoxicated can devour one of these amazing burgers! I decided to mix things up. Fuck the bun, let’s make it even more Dominican by replacing the buns with Fried Plantains! They are easy to make and taste delicious! A little fatting but no one has to know!
FYI I’m trying to make instructions for recipes easier. I numbered each step instead of making it into a big paragraph. I hope this helps make cooking easier for you guys. Enjoy!!!
Tostones Chimichurri Sliders (Chimi Sliders)
- 1 Cup of Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Onion
- 1 TSP of Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP of Worchester Sauce
- 1 TSP of Soy Sauce
- Green Plantains
- Frying Oil for Plantains
- Shredded Cabbage
- 1/4 Cup of Ketchup
- ½ Cup of Mayo
- 1/8 Cup of Worchester Sauce
- ½ TSP of Sugar
- ¼ TSP of Salt
- ¼ TSP of Vinegar
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, shredded onion, garlic powder, Worchester sauce, and soy sauce. Place in Refrigerator.
- Cut Plantains into 3-inch pieces.
- Fry plantains on medium heat until you can stick a fork into the plantain with ease.
- Then smash plantains as shown in the video.
- Re-fry plantains on medium/high heat, until golden brown and set aside.
- Form small & flat circles with the meat.
- Cook meat to your liking.
- Assemble your toston burgers with meat, cabbage, tomato and chimi sauce.
- Eat & get messy!