Locrio De Salami ( Arroz con Salami/ Rice with Salami)
- 3 Cups of Rice
- ¼ Cup of Oil
- 2 ½ Cup of Salami (Salchichon)
- ¼ Cup of Red Pepper
- ¼ Cup of Green Pepper
- ¼ Cup of Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 TBSP of Tomato Paste
- 2 Culantro Leaves
- 1 TBSP of Salt
- Set stove to Medium-High heat and add oil to a pan. Add chopped salami and fry until golden.
- Add red & green peppers, onion, garlic, salt and culantro leaves.
- Stir ingredients together and Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix together. Let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Set stove to high heat and add rinsed rice. Mix all ingredients with rice until the rice covered.
- Add 3 cups of water and stir continuously until the water begins to bubble. Don’t stop stirring as the rice will stick to the bottom of the pan quickly.
- Once the water starts bubbling, cover rice and lower the heat to low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, stir the rice carefully and cover for an additional 5 minutes.
Tip: If the rice looks or feels hard, add 2 table spoons of water over the top of the rice and cover for 5 additional minutes.