- 1 Cup of sugar
- 3 Wholes eggs
- 3 Yolks
- 1 Can evaporated milk
- 1 Can condensed milk
- ½ Tbsp of vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- On medium-high heat, heat 1 cup of sugar in a pan. Stir continuously until the sugar melts. Make sure to not step away until the sugar melts or it can burn.
- Add the melted sugar to a baking pan and place on top of a bigger pan as shown in the video, set aside.
- Add the eggs, yolk, evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla extract to a blender or food processor and blend together (you can also do this by hand).
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and add water to the second pan as shown in the video, this is called “Baño María”. Add enough water to the pan to reach the first pan half way.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until you can put in a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Once the Flan is baked, place in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Take the Flan out of the refrigerator and with a knife separate the edges of the flan from the pan. Flip onto a plate.