This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLE® LA LECHERA®. The opinions and text are all mine.
To set the mood, I am currently listening to Happy Holiday by Andy Williams. Too early? I think NOT. I’m so excited for the holidays, like you can’t even begin to imagine. There is something about the holiday season that brings out the best in everyone. I totally wish It would get cold here in Florida, but we don’t get cold weather till February and when I say cold, I mean 60 degrees. I’m sure some of you are like WHAT!? Yes, it is pretty hot year-round. I promise the moment it hits under 70 degrees, everyone here, is wearing a coat with gloves. Me!? I wear my Uggs, which my friends laugh about. I just HAVE to wear them. Even if it is for one day! Plus, it counts because I take a picture in them, so it looks like it’s cold over here, when I’m most likely wearing them with a sleeveless shirt. That’s Miami for you…..
I already have my family activities lined up for the holidays! My family matches my excitement which I appreciate so much. Best part about the holidays? Cooking together for Noche Buena! We blast music throughout the house while everyone is going crazy making a mess with food ingredients. I have fond memories of family holiday parties filled with food, music and lots of dancing! Of course, the best part is obviously cooking. We cook classic Hispanic dishes and make lots of desserts. We CAN’T ever go without cooking, you guessed it, Flan De Leche. We make it for every dinner party from November to the end of December. No matter how busy you may be this holiday season, NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® makes it so easy to make the best desserts. I always say that simple ingredients make the most delicious dishes. When you are cooking with high quality ingredients, your time in the kitchen is stress-free.
This recipe is simple, quick and SUPER easy to make. 5 Ingredients and you are the star of the night. What makes this recipe even more of a must this holiday is that you can save $0.75 when you purchase two LA LECHERA products at Publix now through 12/16/18. Visit www.getthesavings.com/lalechera to print your coupons from home!
My family and I went to the movies recently and we dressed up in Christmas sweaters and Santa hats. Yes. We. Did. I cannot make this up. We do this every year and it happens to take place in November for some reason. We also have a Christmas morning breakfast at my mom’s house every single year. I love traditions. When family is involved, I am all for it! For this Flan De Leche recipe, my family and I always use LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk. It also comes in a super cute squeeze bottle which is so convenient and just came out in new packaging. We purchase these products from our nearest Publix and they can be found in the baking aisle. With LA LECHERA’S authentic flavor, your dish will be the main topic of conversation. My aunt makes at least 3 of these flans for Noche Buena. I finish my food quickly enough to be the first to have a slice.
When you bring this Flan De Leche to your family gathering, don’t be afraid when you see that the dish is gone in seconds! Be prepared and make 3 flans like my aunt! Fine, fine, maybe just one! But still, try it. Your family will thank you at the end of each bite. What are your favorite recipes using LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk products? Tag @cooitgirl on your pictures of your recipe on social media platforms for a shout out. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 yolks
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz. can LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ Tbsp of vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On medium-high heat, heat 1 cup of sugar in a pan. Stir continuously until the sugar melts. Make sure to not step away until the sugar melts or it can burn.
- Add the melted sugar to a baking pan and place on top of a bigger pan as shown in the video. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, yolk, evaporated milk, LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk and vanilla extract to a blender or food processor and blend together (you can also do this by hand).
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and add water to the second pan as shown in the video. This is called “Baño María.” Add enough water to the pan to reach the first pan half way.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until you can put in a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Once the flan is baked, place in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Take the flan out of the refrigerator and with a knife, separate the edges of the flan from the pan. Flip onto a plate.
Save money, bake and ENJOY!