Dulce De Platano Maduro (Caramelized Sweet Plantains)
- 2 Sweet Plantains
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar (for oil)
- ¼ Cup of cooking oil
- ½ Cup of brown sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar (For plantains)
- 3 Cloves
- Cut sweet plantains into 3-inch pieces
- Set stove to medium-high heat. In a pan, add the cooking oil. Once the oil is hot, add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Wait until the sugar turns golden brown.
- Add sweet plantain pieces to the pan and flip continuously until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium-heat. Add ¼ cup of water, 1 tablespoon of sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Sir all ingredients together.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover pan for about 10- 15 minutes.