I know you probably notice I don’t always post a recipe along with a blog post. Work has been taking up all my time and sometimes I can only do the recipe, post it and run back to work. But today, I have some time, oh yeah! This has always been my passion, talking. Talking a lot. Haha. I meant blogging has always been my passion. Although I can’t do it full time, I try my best to make time for it. Shout out to all the part time food bloggers trying to make it out here! It is not easy! I LOVE sharing my recipes and also my thoughts so to break down my thoughts before this amazing and quick recipe, let’s start with, you already know….
CHRISTMAS! I want to do something different with the blog for Christmas. I am trying to figure it out and I just want to do something out of the box. For sure I am doing another giveaway soon. It made me so happy to make someone happy with new kitchen gadgets, it’s a MUST. This time around, because it’s the holidays, I want to giveaway something bigger! Go big or go home right!? Also, in other news, I am making my first video with me in it. Yes, you heard it right. SO SCARY! I’ve tried to stay away from it for so many years but its finally time. It will be in December so just look out for it! Let’s move on to this quick recipe! This is a quick recipe my mom made my whole life. I’m pretty old so it’s a very long time. Some people don’t know how easy it is to make empanadas at home. You don’t have to spend hours doing the dough, which if you do, power to you! But I go the easy way and buy pre-made pastry dough. It’s fast, easy and cheap! If you have guest coming over and need a quick appetizer, this beef empanada recipe is what you need! If you happen to make this recipe, take a picture of it, post it and tag me! K, bye.
Beef Empanadas Recipe/ Empanadas de Carne Receta
- Pastry Disc
- 1 Pound of Ground Beef
- ¼ Cup of Green Peppers
- ¼ Cup of Red Peppers
- ½ Cup of Cilantro
- ½ Cup of Onions
- ½ Tablespoon of salt
- ¼ Cup of Olives
- 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
- Cooking oil (measure according to the pan you use, it has to be enough to scoop oil on top of the empanada)
- Set stove to medium-high heat. Add the ground beef to your pan. Stir until meat is no longer pink.
- Add green and red peppers, onions, garlic, cilantro, salt, green olives and tomato sauce. Stir all ingredients together.
- Lower the heat to medium and cover meat. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Open your pre-made pastry disc and add meat to the middle of each disc.
- With your finger, dab water onto the edges of the pastry disc. Fold the pastry disc and press down on the edges with a fork to seal shut.
- Set stove to medium heat. In a frying pan, add cooking oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the empanada to the pan. Continuously scoop oil on top of the empanada with a spoon until it puffs up, then flip. Fry both sides till golden.